Different with previous post, this one never made appearance as comment in dramabeans thread.
Though the title is about Hitler, but this post more likely discussing Bong Gu as a mortal enemy for every war in the world, and particularly about South and North Korea.
Bong Gu is a definitely an enemy character, he is megalomaniac, even the smallest thing could be his motivation to kill somebody. Let’s break it down:
1. He kill Jae Kang and Queen because Jae Kang forbid him enter South Korea
2. He put Jae Ha as mortal enemy, because Jae Ha insult him with calling his ‘real name’, and later because Jae Ha make his girlfriend belittling him
3. He grieve for Hang Ah and slaps her, because Hang Ah also call him Kim Bong Gu to insult him
4. He KILL Shi Kyung, because: 1. Shi Kyung betray him, 2. Because if he can’t get Shi Kyung, neither do anyone else.
and who can forget this scene?
He is little hitler, note that Korea was separated after WW II. WW II is actually the result of axis formed by Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito (axis of WW II), and Hitler is the greatest among all, though it’s after Japanese imperial that Korea separate, but it’s his ideology which divide Korea.
At first, I think he is a portrayal for HITLER. Why? The writer of TK2H writing these facts awesomely:
- First, Bong Gu changed his name in order to hide his korean root, and he hate Korean to the max. It’s absolutely similar with Hitler’s. Hitler was rumored changed his name to hide his Jew root, and who doesn’t know Hitler is the biggest anti Jew? (the discussion about Hitler’s real name can be read here)
- Bong Gu was portrayed to love everything Hitler loved. He was watching Lohengrin (identified by words: The man leaves and the woman dies, and the bridal chorus in background) and his favorite song is Die Walküre (another interesting notes for Valkyries in The King 2Hearts). While in fact, Hitler him self is really love Wagner music, which mostly credited as the one who shape Adolf Hitler into his late thought (source: here, here and here)
- Germany. Do you notice these attchment of Bong Gu with Germany?
- His first appearance as adult is in BERLIN (also the place he killed his father)
- He is a Mayer, don’t google John Mayer, but search Mayer specifically and you’ll get this word:
Mayer is a German surname – Wikipedia–
Interesting Enough, though Bong Gu was portrayed as ‘little Hitler’, he has John as given name, the name who statistically easy to find in america (John’s name in America) and according to this:
John Mayer was originated from USA. Yes, Germany and USA stand in different sides at WW II if you’re asking. Another interesting facts is Bong Gu was hiding in China while Jae Ha was searching for him…hmm??
This fact intrigue my mind a bit, and rack my brain, and finally I reach the conclusion that Bong Gu isn’t merely a little Hitler, he is a symbol of everything that separate Korean Peninsula, a World War II and an ideology which portrayed by his Hitler-ish, also these little attribute of Bong Gu:
–He is a KIM
Yep, I think this is pointing to Kim dinasty (Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il, Kim Jong Un). Plus, the fact that this is a ‘company’ which by the rules the leader should be elected…but strangely the ownership was passed by inherited. Oh..Democratic Republic of Korea! 😀 (btw, I think reading Ms. Koala depiction for Bong Gu is much more better than mine, see that explanation in her thought section)
–He is a war & army merchant
No one can deny that though hidden (also Bong Gu’s implying that in ‘underworld’ he is richer than Korea itself) This side is the one who need war the most.
The writer had put it so nicely, so someone can be a portrayal for all the factors. What do you think? Do I miss any? Don’t mind to put comment, I’d love to discuss and absolutely willing to discuss this drama 🙂